2019 Annual Conference: September 30 - October 3, 2019 at the Hilton Saratoga in Saratoga Springs, New York.
The 2019 NAISMA Annual Meeting will be a joint conference with the New York Invasive Species Research Institute, Cornell University, an internationally renowned center of academic research and outreach.
Conference sessions, presentations, and workshops will bridge the geographic divide between West to East and North to South, connecting terrestrial and aquatic invasive species management, research, policy, and outreach initiatives and opportunities across North America. Presentations, workshops, tours, and special symposia will highlight successful initiatives that connect science to action across geographic, political, and public-private boundaries.
The conference location, Saratoga Springs, is at the doorstep of the breathtaking Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York, 30 minutes north of Albany International Airport. Saratoga is a 3 hour drive or less from most major northeast metropolitan areas including the Boston area, Connecticut, New York City, Northern New Jersey and central New York. A complimentary shuttle service will be arranged for peak attendee arrivals and departures.
View the previous year's 2018 Annual Conference Program from Rochester, MN here.
Pesticide Applicator CEUs have been approved for the following states: IA, MD, NC, SC, WV, and WY
CEUs for the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) have been approved for the following sessions and field trip:
Field Trip: Prospect Mountain Tour and Lake George Vista Field Trip – 4 hours – 4 credits
Using Research to Inform Spotted Lanternfly Mgt – 90 minutes – 1.5 credits
Invasive species management in a changing climate session 1 – 90 minutes – 1.5 credits
Invasive species management in a changing climate session 2 – 90 minutes – 1.5 credits
Invasive Species Identification and Management- Part I - 90 minutes – 1.5 credits
Invasive Species Identification and Management- Part II - 90 minutes – 1.5 credits
Integrated Pest Management and Invasive Species – 90 minutes – 1.5 credits
Terrestrial Invasive Plant Management – 90 minutes – 1.5 credits
Impacts and Management of Jumping Worms – 90 minutes – 1.5 credits
New Invaders in the Northeast and Their Management - 90 minutes – 1.5 credits
Pesticide Applicator CEUs are being applied for in many additional states including CA, CT, DE, FL, MA, ME, MI, NY, NH, NJ, OH, TN, VI, VT, and MN.
CEUs have also been applied for SAF.
PlayCleanGo Poster Session to showcase leading partner efforts around North America!
Are you a PlayCleanGo Partner who would like to share your invasive species outreach and education efforts? Bring your display materials or posters to display on posterboard or tables.
Click on the images or links below for conference schedule and agenda details
2019 Conference Program Schedule and Agenda Information:
Special Sessions, Posters, and Preliminary Session Agenda here. (updated August 7, 2019)
At a Glance Schedule here. (updated August 5, 2019)
Plenary Speakers here
Field Trip Descriptions here. New field trip just added to Saratoga National Historic Park! Already registered but want to add a field trip or "Not a Banquet" ticket? Just click on the link in your registration confirmation email to access and edit your agenda selections. It's that easy!
Early Registration is Open through August 15! Click here to register.
Book your hotel reservation here.
Students - sign up to volunteer here.
Donate an item for the Silent Auction on Monday, September 30 here.
Call for Awards Nominations! NAISMA celebrates individuals and organizations who are leaders in the field of invasive species management. Nominees do not need to be a member of NAISMA. Awards will be presented at the "Not a Banquet" at the Saratoga Winery on Wednesday, October 2, 2019 at 6:30pm. Download the nomination form here.
Call for Board Nominations. New Board members will be voted on at the Annual General Meeting Luncheon at 12:30pm on Wednesday, October 2.
EARLY Registration Rates (EXTENDED through August 15, 2019)
|Full Conference - Student||
|PlayCleanGo Summit Only||
|One-Day - Student||$75.00|
|Two-Day - Student||
|Adirondack, Lake George and Saratoga area Field Trips||
|Awards Dinner (guest tickets may be purchased for $40)||$45.00|
|LATE and Registration (Starts August 16, 2019)|
Full Conference - Student rate
One-Day - Student rate
Two-Day - Student rate
A limited number of registrations will be available On-Site.
NAISMA members receive disounted registration to the Annual Meeting
New NAISMA members will receive a code to get the following discount, depending on your level of membership. Renewing members have already received the code.
10% off for NAISMA Regular Members
15% off for NAISMA Sustaining Members
ADDITIONAL 5% off for NAISMA Members who bring a first-time Annual Meeting Attendee! The new attendee will indicate their meeting "host" on their registration form so that the host receives the 5% discount
NAISMA Membership can be added through the Online Meeting Registration on the "Agenda" page of the registration
New and Renewing NAISMA Members can use the discount code for a reduced Meeting fee
Volunteers are needed for several shifts throughout the meeting to assist with registration, check in, silent auction set up, presentations, and directing attendees to meeting rooms.
Call 414-967-1350 if you are interested in volunteering. Volunteers who work 3 hours will get 50% off full registration or a complimentary one-day meeting pass. Volunteers who work 6 hours will get a full registration. Preference will be given to students or those who work for non-profit organizations.
SPONSOR and EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES ARE CLOSED.
Exhibitors receive generous packages including complimentary meeting registrations. Read below for exhibit opportunities. Click here to register for an exhibit.
All Exhibitors will receive the following benefits:
- Logo placement on conference website
- Name and logo displayed in conference program and at plenary luncheon
- Exhibit booth or display table space
- Exhibitor ribbons on name tags
- One full conference registration ($299 value!)
- Up to two additional registrations for $199 each
- Logo placement on conference website
Table Exhibitor: $595
- One clothed and draped 8’ table plus 2 chairs
Nonprofit Exhibitor: $465
- Same benefits as regular Table Exhibitor
Sponsors are critical to the success of the Annual Meeting. Click here to register as a sponsor.
All Annual Meeting Sponsors receive the following benefits:
- Logo placement on conference announcements, publications and website with a link to your website
- Logo displayed in conference program
- Logo displayed on prominent signage at the event
- Exhibit table space ($595 value!)
- Sponsor ribbons on name badges to recognize your company’s contribution
Additional benefits per tiered sponsor level include:
Prevention Sponsor: $1,250
- Receive 2complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will be recognized as a sponsor of a concurrent session
- Your company logo will appear on signage outside the session room
Identification Sponsor: $2,500
- Receive 4complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor a morning or afternoon break during which all attendees will see your logo prominently displayed at the refreshment area
- Quarter-page ad in conference program
Plan of Attack Sponsor: $5,000
- Receive 6 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor the Monday Welcome Reception or Tuesday Exhibitor Reception
- All attendees will see your company name in several locations during lunch
- Half-page ad in conference program
- In addition—your company logo will be displayed on the third tier of sponsor logos on a take-home keepsake that all 350+ attendees will receive
Control Sponsor: $7,500
- Receive 8 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor the Wednesday Luncheon
- All attendees will recognize your company name in several locations around the buffet area; speaking opportunity at the reception
- Half-page ad in conference program
- In addition —Your company logo on will be displayed on second tier of sponsor logos on a take-home keepsake that all 500+ attendees will receive
Eradication Sponsor: $10,000
- Receive 12 complimentary full conference registrations
- Your company will sponsor the Wednesday Awards Dinner
- Company logo will appear on screen during the plenary
- In addition—Your company logo on the top tier of sponsor logos on a take-home keepsake that all 500+ attendees will receive
- Full-page ad in conference program
- AND—a speaking opportunity during the Wednesday Awards Dinner
Additional or partial sponsorship opportunities are available such as sponsoring the tour, a break, special session, reception, or other marketing opportunity.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Belle Bergner, NAISMA Executive Director