The purpose of this committee is to coordinate efforts of county, provincial/state, and federal agency personnel toward establishing, maintaining, reviewing and updating regional weed free forage standards for gravel products and forage.
Download the Weed Free Forage & Gravel presentation here
This committee is coordinated by Marsha Watland, NAISMA Board member and County Agriculture Inspector, Becker County SWCD, Minnesota
Download the updated WFF Standards here.
- Update Weed Free Forage standards
- Streamline twine ordering
- Increase state adopting
- Organize train the trainer for conference
- Review gravel pit standards
- Update MOU's with all the states and promote being NAISMA Members
David Moorhead, Mark Daluge, Kelly Cooley, Mike Stenson, Ron Moehring, Bill Gillespie, Sean Gephart, Jake Dick, Samantha Cisney, Julie Kraft, Belle Bergner, Andrea Moe and Marsha Watland, Coordinator
The purposes of this committee are to organize, facilitate, and lead a functioning committee of NAISMA members whose purpose is to accomplish the professional development objectives set by the NAISMA Board of Directors. The committee will provide the membership with opportunities to identify gaps in professional development opportuniites that NAISMA may be able to provide in order to further the NAISMA mission of promoting and empowering invasive species management in North America.
This committee is also responsible for the Certified Manager of Invasive Plants Committee and the tasks associated with that program which include: Development of the exam, coordinate and administer the NAISMA certification CMIP exam, approve the applications of those desiring to sit for the exam, grading the exam, notifying applicants if they have passed or must retake the exam, approving the continuing education of all certified managers, tracking the CEU's for all passing the exam.
- Reviewing the CMIP program and updating the program
- Provide valuable services for membership
- Evaluation of a new professional designation program
- Holding educational webinars for the membership
- Improve professional images of the invasive species management profession
Julie Knudson, Kelly Cooley, and Stephanie Naftal