There is growing demand for weed free gravel in North America to prevent the spread of noxious weeds.
The goal of the Weed Free Gravel Program is to provide guidelines for best management practices and to set minimum requirements for uniform participation of the various provinces and states in the program. The standards are designed:
- to provide some assurance to all participants that gravel certified through this program meets a minimum acceptable standard;
- to provide continuity between the various provinces and states in the program; and
- to limit the spread of noxious weeds through gravel.
NAISMA's Weed Free Gravel program is designed to be accessible for any agency or organization to use.
How To Become a Weed Free Gravel Program Participating Agency
2. Identify who will participate in the Weed Free Forage training
3. Fill out the NAISMA program participation form here.
4. Click on the link below to download and print the Weed Free Gravel Standards, and Inspection Form.