National Invasive Species Awareness Week is a nationwide event occurring in the spring to raise awareness of invasive species; and how people can prevent their spread to protect natural ecosystems for future generations.
Participate in events across the nation.
Learn what you can do. Prevent the spread.
NISAW will drive invasive species awareness in two parts during Spring 2020:
Representatives from conservation organizations gather in Washington, D.C. to discuss policies and changes they can make in the fight against invasives. Many other groups come together during NISAW to host workshops to eradicate invasives from a particular area.
NISAW Advocacy Week
February 24-28, 2020
- Promotion of national and local legislative actions
- Position papers
- Tools and resources for communicating with policy makers
- Webinar series
NISAW Local Events and Awareness
May 16-23, 2020
Be a part of the conversation!
You can help National Invasive Species Awareness Week reach new people in new ways. Here’s how:
- Organization or company name on nisaw.org website
- Logo on nisaw.org
- Logo placement on awareness flyers for local events across the U.S.
- Sponsor a webinar (direct email to webinar attendees and verbal recognition at the beginning and end of the webinar recognizes your organization as a sponsor)
- Direct emails with NISAW announcements noting your organization as a sponsor. Lists include NAISMA members, newsletter subscribers, and NISAW partners
- Social media shout outs with link to your organization
- Sponsor the NISAW toolkit – a downloadable tool kit will be developed for local organizations with plug and play resources including a press release template, social media graphics, verbiage for local publications, and links to webinars and other invasive species awareness resources
- Mention in national press releases
More marketing opportunities are in development. Call or email NAISMA Executive Director, Belle Bergner to discuss your sponsor recognition ideas.